Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Interview

Due to certain obstacles, I was unable to personally get an interview with someone from the Yakut culture. However, in my biology class this semester, I was talking to a girl Veronika about this blog that I had to do for class. I was telling her about my culture and she stopped me when she heart "Yakut culture." She started to tell me about how her cousin came to visit her from Russia and she knows about the Yakut Culture, so I asked her if she could somehow get in contact with her and ask what she knows about the culture. She was able to help and gave me a list of questions and answers that she had for me.

Q: What language do you the Yakuts speak?
A: One that people probably haven't heard of, Turkic.

Q: What do they do for fun?
A: Alot of the time they like to hunt and fish, what some people may see as work, they see as daily activities. Also, they love to dance and listen to exotic music. Weddings and birthdays are huge celebrations.

Q: What's the fashion like?
A: They are very traditional, they wear a lot of leather and fur especially when it gets so cold.

Q: How do they get around?
A: If the bus is not running, they will horseback ride or walk to many places

Q: Are the friendly?
A: Yes, they are very open, welcoming and humble people.

No comments:

Post a Comment